Removing an unused panorama array.
- Jupiter: Bright in the South after sunset
- Mars: rises by 11 PM early in the month, by 8:30 at the end
- Crosses the Praesepe (M44) star cluster in Cancer Oct 31-Nov 2
- Saturn and Venus: Before sunrise Saturn rising, Venus sinking
* Waning crescent Nov 14 (-55.5 hr), Nov 15 (-31.5)
* Waxing crescent Nov 17 (+26.5), Nov 18 (50.5)
The new planetarium web site is ready to go. I hope it’s helpful to our audience as they learn about astronomy and to us as we try to get the word out about our planetarium. This blog is intended in part to accompany the offical web site and replace the old e-mail newsletters, but it will also serve as a place for me to post more frequent notes on astronomical events without cluttering up anybody’s inbox. Expect an up tick in posts as I prepare for each new Sky this Month Show. After you attend a show, you can look back at this blog, see my notes, and discover further resources on the topics covered. Thus the work that’s gone into preparing these skyshows will now be preserved after the shows are over. If you find this site helpful, make a comment or drop me an e-mail. It will encourage me to post if I know it’s getting a bit of use.